Saturday, June 26, 2010

You Had Me Until the Dog

Her comment sounded like a line from the old Jerry McGuire movie… “You had me from hello”… only much different! 

Camping out of the back of an Xterra all the way to Alaska and back has caused some to question our sanity.  We have found that reactions fall into two basic camps.  The first camp wishes they could do the same.  The second camp unanimously thinks that we’re crazy.  So far, it's about a 2:1 split... with "crazy" in the lead.

Only one has said, “You had me until the dog…”  I suppose that the idea of sleeping with a wet 100-pound Golden in the confines of an Xterra cargo bay is a bit of a stretch for some!


In the next post, we'll tell you about some of the modifications that we've made to turn the Xterra into a camping machine.  

1 comment:

  1. I am just as excited about your adventure as I am our own. I am looking forward to reading about all of the exciting and great things that you will experience. Know that we will be with you in thought and prayer all along your journey!

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete