Monday, September 20, 2010

The Tetons

As many of you know, I love moose.  This entire trip I have tried to capture the essence of moose.  While I am extremely pleased with my Muncho Lake moose shot and the mother and calf shot on the Kenai, I still await my "perfect" bull moose shot.  So we find ourselves in the Tetons, home to nearly 800 moose.

David and I visited the Tetons in 1987.  It was here that I encountered my first moose and fell in love with this gangly yet awesome creature.

I found my perfect bull moose today... drenched in sunlight and dripping velvet.  Unfortunately, he was across a lake.  My lens was not quite strong enough to make this shot the close-up that I wanted.  It did, however, elicit a promise from my husband that we would return yet again to get that perfect shot.


In the meantime, we bask in the beauty of one of the most beautiful of all national parks (in my humble opinion), the Grand Tetons.


No comments:

Post a Comment