Friday, October 19, 2012

I Love a Parade!!!

Orlando was an absolute treat.  We arrived Friday afternoon and spent the weekend with our son and his family.  We had the great privilege of watching our granddaughter and her team win a soccer game.


We celebrated our son's birthday and played poolside with our grandson.  Roxanne even got to go for a dip.  It was so great to be with everyone.


David's conference with the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals began on Monday.  While he reconnected with old colleagues, I reorganized gear and caught up on some overdue computer work.

Tuesday evening was a delight.  We were able to see our granddaughter march in her first parade.  It was wonderful!!!  Here's an abbreviated video of the parade... it was also Rox's first!  Stout of heart as always, she didn't even flinch when the marching band's drum section passed us by.


I must admit... after being on the road so long, we were ready to be home.  We had been talking about it for days.  We began teasing each other about getting up bright and early Thursday morning to hit the road.  I told David that three o'clock in the morning was my goal.  We didn't miss it by far.  We were on the road by 4:15 eastern time.

We reached Lake Charles in by mid afternoon.  At that point, there was no stopping nor turning back.  My bed was calling me home!  I drove ten hours straight on pure adrenalin, taking the truck across the Texas state line, while we sang the Yellow Rose at the top of our lungs.  We swapped drivers, and David drove us home.  We arrived at dusk.

I don't know which of us was happier to set foot in the house.  Roxanne was like a puppy, grabbing toys and prancing up and down the hallway.  We settled into our respective chairs, toasting the blessings and our safe journey.  Sinking back into familiar cushions, all I could say is, "There's no place like home!"

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete