Thursday, August 29, 2013

We're on Our Way

For some odd reason, I awoke this morning with the lyrics from a song from the old movie Paint Your Wagon rolling around in my head... 


Where am I goin'?
I don't know.
Where am I headin'?
I ain't certain. 
All I know 
Is I am on my way.

When will I be there?
I don't know.
When will I get there?
I ain't certain.
All that I know 
Is I am on my way.

Gotta dream boy;
Gotta song.
Paint your wagon
And come along...

We've found our theme song for this vacation.  We're setting our compass based on weather maps (the cooler, the better) and clear mountain lakes.  We have no itinerary or particular agenda other than visiting family in Tulsa and Rolla.  From there, the wind will blow us west...

I am pleased to announce that Roxanne has held up well in spite of today's eight-hour drive.  She's a bit stiff, but what a trooper... she even climbed a set of steep stairs this evening (probably to impress the dogs belonging to David's brother).  

It is so great to be on our way!!!

Just in case you haven't heard this particular song... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5_57PF7HwM&list=PL8N5RpdLnBqr0cG5qZv4mVBX_spxfVsfA&index=3

No comments:

Post a Comment