Thursday, September 26, 2013

God's Sense of Humor

There are many who wonder if God has a sense of humor.  I can tell you with certainty that He does.

I came to the Olympic Peninsula to take photos of tidal pools.  It was a calculated attempt on my part to take photos of something that I thought I knew would be here (when will I learn?  See the August 11, 2012, post).  Unfortunately, I did not even know that I had to calculate the moon's waxing and waning into my equation.  Obviously, the tides did not cooperate, and my attempt to photograph tidal pool sea creatures failed miserably.

God, however, had something other... better... greater.... than I had ever imagined in store for me (isn't this the exact opposite of last year when I was looking for big and found only tiny?).  While I was thinking small creatures like sea stars and anemones, He was thinking BIG.  To my amazement, He offered deer, elk, and otter.


We found a doe grazing and a herd of elk with a large bull and a half dozen cows near Washington's largest spruce.


We drove the rugged road to Graves Creek Campground, enjoying the moss-ladened old growth trees, then turned around, and headed back to camp.  Could I dare say that I don't know what caused me to turn my eyes to the river at that precise moment?  Absolutely not...  but turn, I did, and caught motion in the river out of the corner of my eye.

"Otter!!! " I told David.

He stopped, and I slipped out of the truck.  Where is my tripod when I need it?  Regardless, here's a quick (and somewhat shaky) video of what we witnessed... a pair of otter landing a fish and enjoying their supper.  How many people get to see something like this???


God continues to surprise and amaze me... and I am completely blessed in the transaction.  Thank you, Papa!!!
River otter at Quinalt
Bless the Lord, O my soul:  and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name...  (Psalms 103)

No comments:

Post a Comment