Saturday, July 3, 2010

Travel Day

Today was a travel day.  We left Glacier National Park and sailed through customs at the Canadian border.

The remainder of our travel took us across Alberta's beautiful plains.  These rolling hills are rich farmland.  We saw pastures with rows of freshly mown hay, waving wheat, and bright yellow fields filled with sweet mustard and canola flowers.  The tantalizing beauty of the Rocky Mountains remained always to the west of our route.

We have found a motel in Red Deer to repack and rearrange gear.  The hot showers feel like a heavenly luxury.

Tomorrow afternoon we will meet with a fellow who carries specialized camping trailers from Australia.  The rigs are designed for four-wheeling.  We found the rigs while doing research on camping alternatives.  They were sufficiently intriguing to check out first hand.

After this small detour, we are on to Dawson Creek.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Sounds like such an amazing trip. I hope that my David and I can take one like it some day. Love the chairs too - we gotta get some of those!

    Stay safe!
    Hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee...what an amazing, adventurous couple you guys are! Your mom gave my mom your blog, and as you see, I have it now! I'm loving keeping track of you guys!!! I can't wait to see what you will be doing each day!
    Keep enjoying yourselves!
    Ann Buren

    ReplyDelete